May 24, 2015
Start Time : 7:00am
Number of Places : No limit
The Buffalo Marathon is one of the highest Boston Marathon qualifiers in North America.
There is also a Buffalo Marathon and 4-person relay.
Buffalo Marathon Route
The race is described as fast and scenic. Fast times are expected and runners will have the chance to enjoy the views of Lake Erie, LaSalle Park and many other Buffalo highlights.
The start line is at Franklin Street at Huron, west of the Hyatt Regency Hotel. From there runners follow a loop around
Buffalo heading first towards LaSalle Park and the waterfront of Lake Erie. After a scenic seven miles along
lakeside via the Basin Marain, runners head north towards First Lawn Cemetery and Delaware Park. After circling the park
the route turns southwards. Heading into the last four miles runners pass the the Albright-Knox Art Gallery
on, eventually, towards Delaware Avenue and the finish line at Franklin St in front of the Buffalo Niagara Convention Center.
Buffalo Marathon Entry
* Entry Fee : $70 (until Jan 1), $80 (until Apr 1), $90 (until May 1), $100 (until May 22) $115 (at Expo), $125 (race day)
* Registration Deadline : May 22
Contact : John Beishline
Tel. : 716 694 5154
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : http://www.buffalomarathon.com/
* Charities : The Buffalo Marathon supports the Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Hospice Foundation of WNY, Neurofibromatosis, and Breast Cancer Research at Roswell Park Cancer Institute.
* Cut-off Time : Runners will be expected to finish within 6 hours.
* Pasta party : There is a pre-race pasta dinner on May 23 - free for runners, a small fee for guests.